Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Rains Came Down and the Floods Came Up

Now that it is is moving into rainy season, it rains just about every afternoon. No big deal. Expect once this week it rained really hard and a street near our house was flooded up to my mid-calf. (See the picture below) It was a great little adventure. But as quickly as the flood came, it left. When we came home by the end of the night the street was completely dry.

Speaking of water, I want to speak of water that is way cleaner than the water that flooded our street. Not only is this water clean, but it has a cleansing effect. I am speaking of the waters of baptism. This week we had a baptism!!

Lito is the name of the 26 year old man that was baptized this weekend. We have been teaching him for several months. We have seen his ups and downs. A lot of the stories that I have told thus far, are actually stories of him. It was his house that we moved. He was the one who wanted to know if he needed to bring soap to his baptism. It was during a lesson to him that the Jehovah Witness missionaries showed up. There are many more stories about Lito, but the greatest one is that he was baptized. I am excited to see him continue on his journey of conversion.

A great little side note: This week my companion reported to me that I have been talking in my sleep again. This time I was teaching a lesson in Tagalog. Hand motions included.

Kapayapaan and Mahal!

Sister "Baptisms make me happy" Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment