Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, June 24, 2013

Are you goats?

Sister Avancena got a new companion this week (Sister Wheat. She is a brand new missionary from the Manila Philippines MTC. She is from Draper, Utah and she is just 19)
So now me and Sister Ocampo are back again to just the two of us in our area. I love my companion and we have fun as we work hard together. 

Even though I have been here in the Philippines for a whole five months, I'm not perfect in Tagalog (far from it in fact). Here are some funny mistakes I made this week:
There were two seven-years-olds at a lesson we taught. I meant to ask if they were kambals (twins). But on accident I asked if they were kambings (goats). It took me a couple seconds to realize why my companion and our investigator were laughing so hard. 
We were able to teach some young teen-age less actives, that we haven't been able to teach for a long time. They hadn't meet Sister Ocampo yet, so I was introducing her to them. I was trying to tell them how good she was at cooking (mag-luto) but I accidently told them she was really good at bathing (mag-ligo).

Of the 11 zones in my mission, our zone (Tarlac Zone) is one of the biggest with 12 companionships. But what makes our zone even more unique is that of those 12 companionships, 6 of them are Sisters. Crazy stuff. Below is a picture of most of us at transfer announcements and celebration)  

I know that the work that we are doing is not our work. It's God's work. And we cannot fail.

Mahal ko po kayo!

Sister Abish "Magaling sa Magligo" Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment