Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014

Ode to Kalikid

This week I am 90% sure I will be transferring.

I am sad about that, because I love Kalikid. The people of Alma had tender feelings for the Waters of Mormon because of the special things that happened to them there. I will always have tender feelings for Kalikid because of the special things that have happened here for me. I love these people. As I have visited these less actives every week I have come to love them. So when they come to church it is the most amazing feeling in the world. I have been so impressed with these recent converts who are sometimes more diligent than long time members when it comes to things like scripture study. The investigators who have been baptized in my time, or will be baptized later will always have a special place in my heart. And the members have fulfilled the promise of the Lord that "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." 
I will be missing Kalikid for the rest of my life. 

Sister Abish "Kalikid" Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment