Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The End of the Beginning

I just passed my two month mark!! That means I only have 16 months left. Time goes so fast.
This is my last week in the MTC. I'm so excited to go! I'm ready to go, but unfortunately my language is not. I have almost a whole week left and you better believe I'm going to work hard.
So I have my flight plans!! I leave the MTC Monday January 21st at 5:30 (that means your last chance to write me a DearElder is Monday before noon). We fly to Los Angeles, and then to Hong Kong and then to THE PHILIPPINES!!!! I'm so excited!!
Just a heads up, I won't have Preparation Day next week so it will be two weeks before you hear from me again. Sorry. I'll miss you.
This morning we went to the temple like we do every Tuesday morning. It was probably the last time I'll get to go to the temple for the next year and a half. I'm pretty sure I won't get to go to the one in Manila until the very last week of my mission. It's pretty sad. I love the temple. I am so grateful I've been able to make regular temple attendance an important part of my life. I love the peace and the spirit that is at that Holy Place. I am grateful that the covenants I've made and the promised blessings I've received in the temple will be there to guide and protect me throughout my whole mission. It will be a while before I am in the temple again, but the temple will always be in me.
I have a challenge for you. The next time you go to the temple, imagine that it is the last time you will get to go for a year and a half. It makes things a lot more meaningful.     And if you haven't been to the temple yet, do all you can to get there.
Sorry this is so short, but I'm going to try to send pictures. Love you!!

Sister Abish "Goodbye America" Curtis

1 comment:

  1. Awwww man I missed my last chance to write to you on dear elder, I guess I better brush up on my snail mail writing. I still have the letter I wrote you last month. LOL.

    ReplyDelete