Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, May 27, 2013

A moving week

Dear Family and Friends,

This week we helped some of the people we teach move. It wasn't that hard, because they didn't have much. What was interesting though was that we didn't just move the stuff inside their house. We moved their entire house. Which once again wasn't that hard because it wasn't that big. Just a bunch of plywood and tin. They just took it apart, and then we loaded up everything into a jeepny. They moved to a new place, but still in our area. I'm happy that we still get to teach them because they are the best (Its one recent convert, her investigator son and brother) I've attached the picture of their house before we moved it. There is now nothing where their house used to be.

I just love my new companion. My trainee. My anak (child). I love when she laughs so hard she makes a sound like a squeaky toy.She is the cutest Chinese looking Philipina I have ever known. Before people used to stare because there was an American walking around in the Philippines. But now they stare because there is an American and a Chinese looking Sister. It gets even better when we are with the other Sisters. We defiantly look assorted: Philipina, Americana, Chinesa, and Micronesian. It's the best.

Me and my companion have been working miracles here in Concepcion. We are working hard and the weekly actuals for our Key Indicators are pretty impressive if I do say so myself. But I know it is not because of us. The Lord is really helping us especially as we are learning how much we need to rely on Him.

Here is your fun fact from the Philippines: It is regarding the word refrigerator. In America we will usually just call it "fridge" for short. Well here, they call it the "Ref" for short. Maybe somewhere they call it the "erator" (haha, get it?)

Love you all. I am feeling your prayers and I am so thankful for them.

Abish "Sister" Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment