Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Years!!


 
I was a missionary for every single day of 2013. It was an amazing year. And I know that 2014 will be even better. 

 

In the Philippines Angeles Mission we set a goal for 2013 that we would have 1350 baptisms. We achieved 1368!!!! It was amazing.  And this next year we are trusting in the Lord's promise that He is hastening his work. Our goal for 2014 is 1650. Kaya namin yan!!!  I'm excited to do my part and give every ounce of energy that I have. 

 

It was so amazing!!! Yesterday at church we had an all time high for attendance. We had to keep bringing in more chairs because there wasn't enough places for everyone to sit. Usually the average attendance is 100. A couple months ago me and Sister de Guzman set a vision for 130 church attendance. But yesterday the attendance was.... 150!!!! Amazing!! Fasting is so powerful. It was so incredible to see so many of the less actives we work with finally come to church. And we had 6 investigators. It was the most amazing Sunday in the world.

 

New years eve: Our curfew was to be in the apart at 6:00pm (that's when it starts getting dark) Me and Sister de Guzman found lots of things to do. One of which is one of my favorite activities in the world: take jump shorts. Although we couldn't go out and join the members in their celebrations, several came and dropped food off at our house. That was fun.    At midnight we were in our beds with the lights out, but we weren't asleep yet. We heard the explosions and celebrations, and just talked about the past year and the new year to come. 

 

I love being a missionary, because I love God. 

 

Sister Abish "2014" Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment