Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, May 12, 2014

The Work is Not Yet Done

Happy Mothers day! Sunday was amazing because I got to skype my family. My
whole family. Solana was online from her mission in  Albania, Corban online from
BYU-Idaho, and everyone else back home in Missouri. It was celestial (in this
case the definition of celestial is being together with your family)  There was
some great news: My 19 year old brother got his mission call!! He will be
serving in Ogden Utah!! He reports May 28, exactly one week after I go home. It
will be great to spend at least a little time with him and then pass him the
Missionary Torch. I love my family!! I would like to dedicate this scripture to
them:


"For
God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that
without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;
 Making
request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the
will of God to come unto you.
 For
I long to see you...
 That
is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you
and me.
" (Romans
1: 9-12)
I cant believe this time has finally come. Wasn't it just yesterday that I
was emailing home for the first time. And now here I am, emailing for the last
time. I want to thank all my faithful email/blog readers. 


 I wish I could say something great and profound, but I'm kinda at a loss
of what do say. The past 18 months have been incredible. I wouldn't trade them
for anything. They have shaped and refined me. I am not the same person I was
before. I am better now. 


I don't think it is possible to measure all that is accomplished in one
mission. Like the saying goes "You can count the seeds
in an apple, but you cant count the apples in a single seed.
"  You may be able to count how many baptism I had, or
how many members I helped return back to activity. But there is no telling all
the good that will come of it, how many future missionaries, how many future
generations blessed.


I know my own life has been infinitely blessed. One of the greatest things
that has happened on my mission is how I have come closer to my Heavenly Father.
I thought I was pretty close to Him before, but now it is even more so. And I
will the spend the rest of my life striving to know Him more.


Just because it is the end of the mission, it doesn't mean I'm gonna take a
rest. There is no slowing down, there is no going back. Progression is my goal,
so resting is not allowed. 


I still have one week left and I'm gonna give it my all. Next Sunday I got
permission to go to church in Kalikid, my last area. Then I will spend Sunday
Night- Tuesday Morning at the Mission Home. Tuesday we will get to go to the
Temple in Manila, and then I spend all day Wednesday flying to home sweet
home. 


I will miss the Philippines more than I can possibly describe. 


Sister "Farewell Philippines,
the 
beautiful" Curtis 





1- Service Project: Helping lay the foundation of a house. This is my "don't take a picture of me or I'll
through this dirt on you
" face


2- The
Philippines Tractor


3- Cute
companions


4Isn't this place beautiful 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul, I don't know if you even read this but I followed Sister Curtis since my son Elder Magallanes left to serve the same mission last May 2013. She is very inspiring and I've read her entrees once in a while to find out more about Angeles Mission. My wife and I served Baguio Mission and my other daughter is serving in Australia Adelaide Mission too. Basically I just want to say thank you for Sister Curtis' inspired words and account of what its like being a missionary and yes I know that the church is true too. May the Lord continue to bless our missionaries forever...
    Bro Magallanes
    mags2761@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete