Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Climbing a Mountain


I can't believe I've already been here three weeks. Time is so funny here at the MTC.

I don't feel like I've learned three weeks worth of Tagalog. How am I supposed to learn an entire language in 9 weeks?!?! When I compare myself to where I was yesterday (when it come to language and also just personal growth) it's hard to see the difference. But that is where my title comes in: It's like climbing a mountain. Most of the time you are just so busy concentrating on climbing, focusing on the things right in front of you. But then, you turn around and suddenly realize how high you have gotten and how much more you can see. It's hard to see the difference from where I was yesterday, but when I look at where I was and who I was when I first started I can defiantly see the change.

It's true compared to the missionaries who are about to leave to the Philippines, I am more illiterate than a two year old. But even two year olds more than infants. I am slowly learning the language. Because teaching about the gospel in Tagalog is so important, they already have us doing it. We have 'investigators' that we are working with now. Me and my companion can successfully get to know someone and teach them basic principles. We both feel pretty inadequate, but that is perfect because then we turn to the Lord.

The MTC is just the best. We have so many opportunities to feel the spirit so strong!!! Also I love having fun and that is also something that you can do at the MTC. I am so grateful for all the people who act as angels in my life.

Love you all!!!!

Sister Abish "Hiker" Curtis


 

This is the sign that a lot of Filipinos do in their pictures.  It means guapo good looking
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment