Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Power of Fasting


This has been another great week in Concepcion.

We were able to see the power of fasting: We sat in Sacrament meeting next to our investigator. The only investigator who was there. We were a little discouraged because we had expected many more people to come to church, especially since we were fasting for it. But then as the meeting progressed, people kept coming. Even though they were late, they were still there. Not only were many of our investigators there, but a less active family also came. We teared up a little bit as we silently thanked God for answering our prayers. 

I'm grateful as always for the chance to go on exchanges. This time it was my turn to go to Tarlac to be companions with Sister Delos Santo. This is the first time I have worked in an area besides Concepcion. It was a neat experience. It was great to see the progress I have made since the last time I had exchanges with Sister Delos Santo.    Working and sleeping in another area made me realize how much Concepcion has become my home. I have lived here for over 5 months now, and I am comfortable here. I love the people. That is why it is pretty much guaranteed that I will be transferred this coming transfer. 
This week I've learned a lot about prayer. About praying with faith. Sometimes its easy to get to causal in our prayers. They become rote, we just go through the motions. If this is happening to you, take some time before to pray to prepare to pray. Think about the things you want to talk to our Creator about. Pray with a purpose. Pray out loud if it helps you concentrate. And then afterwards listen for the response of the still small voice of the spirit.

Mahal ko kayo!!!

Sister Abish "Concepcion is my home away from home" Curtis

Picture: Me and my cute companion on a day I managed to straighten my hair

No comments:

Post a Comment