Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Work of Salvation


This week almost everyday we have made a goal to find a golden investigator. We have set aside time for specifically finding these golden investigators. (Usually we are so busy teaching it is hard to find time for finding) We have had much success. 

One of the things I love about the Philippines is that people are outside a lot. The streets are full of people. My favorite type of people to talk to are the people who are sitting outside on their porches. This week we approached many such people. We ask if we can get to know them, and then as we explain who we are, we teach them a little about our message. Several times this week as we have done this, people have pulled out chairs for us and we teach a lesson to them right then and there. We have many return appointments set for next week.    We don't know yet which of our many new investigators are the golden ones we are looking for, but we are planning to find out.    

I loved the world wide leadership training broadcast!!!! We just barley got to watch it last night. The world is on fire with missionary work. This is the most exciting time to be a missionary in the history of missionary work. Before I kind of felt sorry for all the people who aren't missionaries because I thought they were missing out on the excitement. But after the broadcast last night I realize that that is not the case at all. There has never been a more exciting time to be a member in the history of missionary work! It makes me excited for after my mission when I will get to help the kingdom progress from the side of the members. If you haven't watched the fireside yet, do it: 
http://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/special-broadcast?lang=eng

If you haven't started applying what was taught yet, please start immediately. 

 

Sorry my letter is short as always. 

 

I love this work. I love being a missionary. I know Jesus Christ is our savior, and I know Him.

 

Love,

 

Sister Abish "Look at my picture of me standing next to a carabau" Curtis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment