Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, October 28, 2013

Training??​?

After being companions for two transfers (12 weeks), me and Sister Sarto anxiously awaited what our zone leader would announce for what would happen to us this next transfer. First he announced that Sister Sarto would be transferring (she only has one transfer left before she goes home and she was really hoping to stay) I had one arm wrapped around Sister Sarto who had started crying, when Elder Ka'ahanui announced that I would be training again. I took a step back because I was not expected it at all. What?!?  But I actually felt a lot more prepared than I did the first time they announced I was training almost 6 months ago. 

Let me tell you a little bit about what happened the next day, because it was a good one. When I walked into the meeting for all the new trainers I saw many familiar faces. One was my trainer, Sister Calinisan who is training for the third time. My first trainee Sister Ocampo was there, she is not only training, but also opening a new area. AND Sister Ocampo's trainee (my "granddaughter") was also there training. How crazy is that??? Four generations all training at the same time? I love it so much. When we had all gathered with all the trainers and trainees President Martino had the four of us stand up, and he pointed out our genealogy. It was pretty awesome. 

I love my new companion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sister De Guzman is her name and she is from Naga City (that's here in the Philippines) My streak continues because I still have yet to have a companion younger than me. She is turning 24 this Friday
Sister De Guzman is all anyone could ever ask for in a trainee. She is confident and mature, but yet still so humble and teachable. I actually don't feel like I have a trainee for a companion, I feel like I have a Returned Missionary as a companion. She is so amazing at being a missionary. The first time she "OYMed" (Open Your Mouth, thats what we call it in my mission when you talk to someone and extend an invitation) It was the best OYM I have ever heard on my mission. On the first day she was already teaching half the lessons. She is incredible. She is also beautiful (she is like unto Pocahontas from the Disney movie ) I am afraid that everyone will fall in love with her. We also get along sooooo well. I am grateful that I get to spend every day with her for the next 12 weeks. 

1- Family Picture with my "Sister" (My "mom," me, my "sister", my "daughter" and my granddaughter")






2- Generations (Mom, me, daughter and granddaughter all with our new trainees)
3-Me and my companion
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4- Caribou cart
5- My cute companion
6- Some awesome Elders in my District

No comments:

Post a Comment