Sister Abish Curtis

November 2012- May 2014

Monday, August 26, 2013

I Love to See the Temple


When I left the MTC I thought it would be my last time to see the temple for a year and a half. But miracle of miracles I had the chance this week to go the Manila Philippines Temple. The Temple is not in our mission, but our President has given us permission if someone we have taught/ are teaching is going to the temple of endowment or sealing.

It was a Branch Temple trip with about 30 members going, so we rented a mini bus for the 3 hour trip. There were two people going through the temple for the first time, that is why we got to go. On the way we picked up two Elders, because Elder Royal was the Elder who actually baptized Nanay Rose. Fun side note: I read Elder Royal's blog before my mission, so it was neat to actually meat him in person.


It was so amazing to be back in the temple. It was so peaceful. I felt strengthened and determined to be and do better, and I know the Lord will help me. 

I loved watching as the two sisters went through the temple for the first time. It has been a year since I first went through the temple, and I've seen the strength its been to my life. This is what I want for everyone I've ever taught. Baptism is but a step that leads to the temple. Now when I imagine the people I teach in white, it won't just be the white they'll wear on their baptism day, but also the white they will wear on their temple day. Missionary work isn't about baptisms. It's about Salvation.

I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, I love it.

Sister Abish "Temple" Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment